10 Old Fashioned Dating Habits We Should Make Cool Again
- 1. Coming to the door to pick someone up.
- 2. Trying to dress really nicely for a date.
- 3. Bringing flowers or other tokens of affection to the first date.
- 4. Going dancing that’s not grinding on a grimy club floor.
- 5. Straightforwardly asking someone out and not calling it “hanging out.”
- 6. Additionally, being clear about when you’re “going steady.”
- 7. Romantic gestures like writing poems.
- 8. Turning electronics off and just being with one another.
- 9. The general concept of asking permission for things.
- 10. Not assuming sex is to be had at any point in time.
- by Kate Bailey
- Best thing about this list: no assumed gender roles. I'm going to start bringing boys flowers.
There is something pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything.
— Lord Byron (via talisman)
We travel for romance, we travel for architecture, and we travel to be lost.
— Ray Bradbury (via wishbonesandwanderlust)